Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Big Announcement

It is with mixed emotions that I make this announcement……I have become a Sisterlocks trainee. I took that training class that was held here in Atlanta on 12/1-12/4. I finally decided to take the class because I get tons of ladies asking me who does my hair. When I tell them I did/do my hair that is usually followed up with, “can you do my hair?” I usually refer them to the Sisterlock website or YouTube to find a local consultant, or ways to achieve that look themselves. Then I got to thinking that could have been a potential client. So looking at it in a business mind frame I choose to invest in becoming a consultant. Even if I only end up installing a handful of clients as least I have that knowledge and that can never be taken away from me. In a past post I have mentioned that I don’t want to do anyone else’s hair because I feel that it would not be appreciated plus I would be super careful not to do something to their hair I wouldn’t want done to mine. Well over a period of 5 days approximately 36hrs I installed braidlocks on a friend of mine. She asked me about me saying that I didn’t want to do anyone’s hair. After I explained it to her she mentioned to me that, more than likely people looking to have Sisterlocks/braidlocks etc will come into it with knowledge that it’s a HUGE time commitment and so won’t complain as much. With that being said it has given me a little bit more confidence to get out there and start to market myself. Im not fully ready to start installing locks on clients just yet because in the next few months I plan on moving and Im looking to have a house with a basement so that that area would be fully dedicated to me and the my future business venture. Here are a few before and after pictures.

After 36 hrs, I feel so accomplished. I know the more I do it the faster I will become.


Now an update of my hair progress. Nothing new to mention beside my hair is getting so long and I love every inch of it.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! And i love my hair!!

kerryannh said...

Saabira. Your hair is amazing. I am truly inspired by your journey. Good luck with your new Sisterlocks business.

The Real Nique said...

OMG!!!!! Congratulations!!! Your hair looks so good! Not to mention you did a great job on your install! Looks great and wishing you much success with your business!

Stacy M said...

Nice, Saabira!

NatuRhoFlo said...

yaaaaay i'm so proud!!!...now are these BL or SL?? either way the work is great!!...go on and MARKET YOURSELF!!!

Kittylocks said...

Congratulations on taking the course and good luck with your new business, you will be surprised at how quickly it will grow. The install looks great as does your hair, good luck with the moving.

KnottyAuthor said...

WoW ! Gorgeous braidlocks!!!
;)

sisterloclove said...

Where can you be contacted to get my hair done?

NubianLockedPrincess said...

It`s been great knowing you are still out there! I have been in out of the mix. Thank you for the encouragement! Continue to do you! You really have done a lovely job with her install!

NubianRaq said...

Hi, I so miss you on youtube! you were one of my favourites!! Congrats on your decision.....

KnottyAuthor said...

What?! you did a GREAT job!

johann said...

Congratulations to you for making it, you sure have a talent just by looking at your hair I can say that you are born to hairsytling.
Indian Hair

Fi said...

Just made the decision to braidloc my hair, thank you for documenting your journey

Fi said...

thank you for a great blog, just made my decision to braidlock too

MsVal said...

Hey lady! I am soon to be loc'ed as well, via braid locs, thanks to your documented journey. I watched your last youtube video, did you ever try the red color on your locs? I love your golden hue, but I wanted to see your results with the red dye. I've been dying my hair red... only to get a reddish brown... and eventually I want a golden tint so we're on opposite ends as far as color goes... and hair too for that matter... Congrats on your new business venture. You can do it woman!